Raspberry Pi: Information Display Blog #4: Trial and Error

So Keena and I began the physical aspects of putting everything together . First issue we came across was that the computer monitor we were using didn’t have a HDMI port so that I may connect the Raspberry Pi. So after contacting Dr. Hatley she told us that we needed an monitor that has a HDMI port or just get a TV and use that as our monitor. Luckily Keena stays on campus so we went to her dorm and utilized her TV. Next issue we had was figuring out why the was the screen still blank on the TV, called Dr. Hatley again and she told us we had to put the program on the SD card. We never had a SD card so we had to postpone the project until the following day.

Raspberry Pi: Information Display Blog #: Week One/Assignment Part Two

Completing week one of this assignment was fairly easy being as though we only needed to research and gather information. Orville and I agreed to split the tasks so that it is not too much work, but we also discussed every decision made.

Together we read through the project to get an understanding of what is required. Orville then created the Bill of Material for the equipment needed, and had to email the author of the original project in order to receive the instructions. I fill that was a very important step because without the instructions, we would not be able to even complete the project.

My responsibility was to read about the components used and determine which programming language we should use. We decided on Python because it was the easiest. Based upon that decision, I downloaded the Python software onto my Windows laptop and Orville and I began tutorials for the language to become more fluent with it.

Overall, the tasks were simple but we expect it to get a bit more complicated once we start physically putting things together. Nonetheless, We look forward to completing this project.