Raspberry Pi: Information Display Blog #: Week One/Assignment Part Two

Completing week one of this assignment was fairly easy being as though we only needed to research and gather information. Orville and I agreed to split the tasks so that it is not too much work, but we also discussed every decision made.

Together we read through the project to get an understanding of what is required. Orville then created the Bill of Material for the equipment needed, and had to email the author of the original project in order to receive the instructions. I fill that was a very important step because without the instructions, we would not be able to even complete the project.

My responsibility was to read about the components used and determine which programming language we should use. We decided on Python because it was the easiest. Based upon that decision, I downloaded the Python software onto my Windows laptop and Orville and I began tutorials for the language to become more fluent with it.

Overall, the tasks were simple but we expect it to get a bit more complicated once we start physically putting things together. Nonetheless, We look forward to completing this project.

Raspberry Pi: information Display Blog #2: The First Week

The first week of task for the project was quite simple. A few steps we had to take consisted of creating a Bill of Materials, finding out the steps needed, and deciding which program language to use. Collectively Keena and I took on specific task which made the workload less of an hassle. The program language we that we figured is best is python since its the easiest language to learn. I will honestly say the hardest task for us was getting the instructions for making the device. I say this because the creator posted the project on a social media technology site. Granted I created an account which allowed me to send an email asking for instructions to complete the project. As of now I am still waiting on a reply.